BSD's simple goal is to provide the best support and follow-up in the A/E/C industry. We understand that the true value of software is in the implementation and support rather than in the purchase price. Don't think we're like those software giants you can never get hold of on the phone.
Telephone SupportBSD maintains a telephone hotline staffed by personnel familiar with our products. Hotline hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Call (800) 266-7732.
E-mail SupportWe also have a support messaging system which allows us to respond to your after hours support needs. Click here to send us a detailed message about your problem. You will generally receive a response within 24 hours. For best results, send us as much of the following information as you can:
- Your name and company/organization name.
- Telephone number (area code + phone number).
- E-mail address.
- Name of the software product involved (SpecLink-E, SpecLink+, LinkMan-E, or CostLink/AE).
- Version number of the software product.
- Detailed description of the problem.
- Any error numbers generated by the software.
- The Windows version you are running the software under (i.e. Windows 2000, XP, Vista, etc.).
Remote SupportBSD also provides remote assistance for complex issues not easily handled by telephone or email support. Please click here when prompted to do so by a member of our support staff.
BSD SpecLink/CostLinkAE Support Plan:
- Subscribers to BSD's products enjoy free, unlimited technical support as part of their subscription.
- Telephone tutorials are available for new and returning users.
- How-to instruction is quick and easy.
How To Send Files To Us:If you need to send a file to BSD, you can send it via e-mail or post it on your FTP site. Please follow these steps to ensure we get your files correctly:
- Use a compression utility like PKZIP or WinZip to compress your files.
- Attach your file to a message and send it to email@example.com
- “I’m very impressed in general with SpecLink, and have enjoyed using it…I really appreciate the attention given to my questions and comments, and I’ve managed as a result to generate three complete sets of specs for large scale commercial projects around the Bay Area using the standard sections in SpecLink. I have also created several new sections myself from scratch using the functions you described, and found that to be a good method as well. Thanks again for your help.”
- "Thanks for making a tedious process (writing specs) one that is manageable, quick, and relatively easy. I know the software backend is complicated, with all the links and stuff, but all the hard work you folks do makes it much easier for us on the customer side. And thanks for the great customer support!"
- "I have said this before: BSD has some of the best technical support I have ever used."
- "I am very impressed with your company’s tech support."
- "All of you were a huge help in getting the application migrated to our new server. The patience that all of you showed, and the mastery of your program and the proper execution of the migration steps was spot on."
- "I have learned a lot from Tech Support. They are very helpful and “dumb it down” for me. Shortcuts, fixes plus concise explanations about what SpecLink can and cannot do as well as being very receptive to suggested improvements."